We, as UASHMAMA Family, design and manufacture lifestyle products that balance our respect for nature and design functionality. Uashmama promotes intentional living through eco-sustainable products conceived, designed, and entirely made in Tuscany, Italy. As a family, we live our lives with a natural, moral and ethical approach. This always has been and always will be the same way we operate our business.
With every new design idea we focus on 3 main principles as we explore and implement its inception: Innovation, Functionality, and Sustainability
Our process starts with buying raw materials from tree farms that are cut in a sustainable and controlled manner. We recondition the raw materials with our special UASHMAMA formula.
At this stage we add natural vegetable waxes and reduce the chemical substances inside the raw material. With our unique treatment process we bring out the very best of the material, becoming our very own “AGGO” paper.
We created our paper material, “AGGO”, because we wanted to create the perfect blend of ethical and durable washable paper. We created this material in response to our needs.
All of our products are made from our own washable paper material, exclusively made of natural fibers.
Once the material has been processed and becomes “AGGO”, we add final touches such as specialized vegetable based dyeing, finishes, and doubling paper in order to strengthen and style the paper.
At this stage, craftsmen assist by cutting, sewing, and assembling the material to create the product in its final form.
Quality is at the foundation of everything we do. We take pride in creating our own paper material and carefully monitor the process from start to finish. This allows us to ensure strength, durability, and longevity of each and every product.
We apply our Italian design principles to create impactful products that enhance our daily routine. We strongly consider the insertion of a new product into the collection. We want each product to be long lasting, fit within our lifestyle and serve a functional purpose.
From design concept to final product, every step of the manufacturing and production process is thoughtfully managed and considered. We strive to reduce our environmental impact throughout every stage.
- We certify our raw material processes, implement water-saving methods, and do not use chrome.
- We use organic cotton, woven in Tuscany with certified organic fibers, for our bag lining.
- We’re proud to be Italian. We keep our manufacturing and production local, employing local craftsmen and artisans that excel at their respective trade from the surrounding Tuscan area only.
- Wherever possible, we take careful considerations to reduce waste. The materials we use to reinforce our bags, sacks, and backpacks are scraps of AGGO paper and organic cotton so that any waste is used.
- The straps we use, like the shoulder straps of backpacks, are made of recycled cotton - 85% of which is derived from used T-shirts.
- The leather we use is top quality, tanned in the Tuscan area, utilizing old principles and methods of 'vegetable tanning' in the total absence of chrome, using only tannins from the chestnut tree.