Homemade pastas, local olive oils, fresh Mediterranean vegetables, fish and incredible cheese are merely scratching the surface. The captivating flavors and aromas can’t be missed, but equally as important as the ingredients themselves are the passion and generational love, commitment, and priority the people bring to Italy’s culinary culture. Sure, we try and do our best over here in America to replicate our favorite Italian dishes, but it’s not ever the same as an authentic Italian experience. Straight from the Marconi family (UAHSMAMA’s founders) we are delighted to share with you a basic Italian dish that the entire family will love:
Italy is known for some incredible things but arguably one of, if not THE, most popular is their food.
SPAGHETTI AGLIO, OLIO & PEPERONCINO
Spaghetti with garlic, oil and chili pepper
500 g of Spaghetti (1.1 lbs)
6 cloves of garlic
4 red hot chili peppers
100 g of extra virgin olive oil (1 cup)
- Coarse Salt
- Boil about 4 litres (16.6 cups) of water with coarse salt.
- Slice the garlic thinly and place in a skillet with oil and chopped, deseeded chili peppers.
- When the water boils, add the spaghetti and cook ‘al dente’.
- 3 or 4 minutes before the pasta is done, begin to heat the skillet with the oil so that the garlic browns gently, but do not fry.
- Drain the spaghetti but leave slightly moist and keep aside a little cooking water.
- Tip the pasta into the skillet of oil. Stir well so that the oil coats all the pasta and does not stay at the bottom of the skillet.
- If preferred, toss chopped parsley into the oil with the pasta or add cherry tomatoes cut in half when the oil is warm.
Don't forget to tag us in your Instagram photos @uashmama.usa with #Uashmamastyle. We want to see YOUR Uashmama style!